Minnesota Continuing Education COURSE
Residential Real Estate Investment Opportunities
Real estate has made a comeback as an investment vehicle, and residential real estate is the category of choice. Why? People are always going to need a place to live. This one-hour course examines the pros and cons of popular residential investment property types, including single-family homes, multiplexes, apartment complexes, condominiums, cooperatives, and conversions. By understanding the nuances and complexities associated with these residential property types, you’ll be in an even better position to assist your investment clients in their search.
Course highlights include:
- A look at the ways in which single-family detached homes may be used as residential investment properties.
- A review of the circumstances under which investment properties are exempt from fair housing laws.
- A look at the advantages to investing in multi-unit apartment rentals.
- An overview of the risks and rewards associated with condominium ownership.
- A discussion of the differences between condos, co-ops, and condops.
- A look at the situations under which a conversion might be the ideal investment.
- A review of some common tax credits and deductions associated with different types of residential investment properties.
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context.